Friday, December 17, 2010

A Christmas Miracle

This is the only way I can explain how I was able to open up a package last night and find a new Cr-48 nestled inside. I had to apply as it would be crazy not to but I never expected I would receive one. Google was sending out only thousands of these things and in the tech world I am nobody. Yet, here I sit typing this on a matte black box that runs nothing but a web browser. Crazy, but cool.

Now that I have this I feel I owe it to Google to give it my full review and that will be the purpose of this blog. I've had it for less than 24 hours but I already have plenty to share. Overall I've been thoroughly impressed but, as with any early adopter experience, the device has it's flaws.

Opening up the unit almost immediately displays an initial boot interface where you setup your WiFi access, take your picture, and let the system install any required updates. Once this process completes you can log in with your Google credentials and any Chrome browser data you previously had synced will begin to load. This alone made the whole experience completely enjoyable as everything was instantly how I wanted it. This, and a little game of Poppit, was the extent of my use last night.

In my next post I will share my further discoveries of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment