Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Gadgets

Christmas brought several new gadgets that I was unfortunately able to use with the Cr-48. This was mainly due to the need for a USB component. Chrome OS being as new as it is we have yet to see a solution to the driver issue. I have high hopes that one will be developed in the future.

That being said, I didn't actually expect these USB items to work. It would have been nice but not very realistic. In the end it was a pleasant surprise when both my new Jawbone headset and Garmin watch were able to accept a charge from the USB port on the Cr-48. I had my obvious doubts.

I have, however, been using my Logitech Anywhere MX with its unifying USB receiver with limited functionality since receiving the Cr-48. The main mouse clicks and scrolling work flawlessly but I receive no response from the Cr-48 when I attempt to click the other accessory buttons on the mouse. Here again I am hopeful for an eventual solution. In the meantime, if you happen to be buying a mouse for use on a Cr-48, there is no need to splurge for any extra buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment